Representing Injury Victims in Georgia Since 1995
Slip and fall injuries in Georgia may qualify for compensation if the injured individual can prove that the property owner was negligent or careless in their duty of care. This could include failure to maintain and inspect a property, failure to repair any dangerous conditions, or failure to warn guests of potential hazards.
In addition, if the property owner was aware of any dangers but failed to take reasonable steps to protect visitors from them, they may be held liable for an injury that results. For instance, if a wet floor sign was not posted after mopping the floor and someone slips and falls as a result, then the owner could be responsible for paying out damages. As such, it is important to contact a knowledgeable slip and fall attorney who can help assess your case and determine whether you are eligible for compensation.
Slip and fall incidents are a prevalent source of injuries. However, determining if you are entitled to compensation after experiencing such an injury can be challenging. Familiarizing yourself with the causes of these accidents can help you prevent injuries. In the unfortunate event that you do encounter one of these causes, being aware of potential negligence will enable you to pursue fair compensation, ensuring your protection from harm.
Here are some of the most common causes of slips, trips, and falls:
- Uneven or damaged floor surfaces: Floors that are uneven or have cracks can easily cause individuals to trip or slip.
- Wet or slippery floors: Conditions such as spills that haven't been promptly cleaned, water from dripping clothes, or wet shoes from outside precipitation can result in slippery surfaces.
- Inadequate lighting: Insufficient visibility makes it challenging for people to identify hazards like stairs or changes in elevation, increasing the risk of falls.
- Cluttered areas: Hallways and walkways cluttered with objects left on the ground heighten the chances of tripping over them.
- Loose rugs or mats: Rugs with frayed edges pose a significant hazard, as they do not provide stable footing, making it unsafe to walk over them.
- Accumulation of ice and snow during colder months: The presence of ice and snow creates hazardous surface conditions, both outdoors and indoors. If not promptly removed, melted ice can lead to slips and trips in buildings.
By being aware of these common causes, you can take proactive measures to minimize the risk of slip and fall accidents. If you find yourself injured due to negligence in any of these areas, you will be better equipped to seek the fair compensation you deserve, ensuring your well-being and safety.
When you contact Craig Injury Law, you can be sure that you have experienced Georgia slip and fall lawyers who will understand your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. We will investigate your claim to determine what caused your injury and identify any parties that may be responsible for creating or failing to resolve the hazardous condition. Our team of expert attorneys will also help negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf in order to maximize the amount of compensation you receive for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
We understand that you may be in pain and uncertain about what to do next. Let us help you take the necessary steps to protect your rights and get you the justice you deserve. We have offices in both Vidalia and the Atlanta Area!
We Handle Your Case, So You Can Recover
Protecting the Injured Since 1995
No Fee Unless We Win Your Case
Millions Recovered for Our Clients
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Personalized Approach to Each Case