Representing Injury Victims in Georgia Since 1995
Vidalia Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Serving Employees & Their Families Throughout Atlanta & Georgia
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system of insurance that allows you to secure various types of compensation for workplace injuries through your employer. If you have been injured while at work or while performing your work duties, such as running errands for your boss, driving a company vehicle while working, or the like, you can seek workers’ compensation by alerting your supervisor and filing your claim for benefits promptly.
The workers’ compensation system can be difficult to navigate and your claim must be prepared and filed according to the requirements. If you have questions or need help with any matter involving your claim, Craig Injury Law can assist you. Our firm is backed by close to three decades of professional experience in filing and fighting for the compensation to which you are eligible after an accident. You have the right to consult with us about your case even if you have been denied a claim.
Reach out to our Vidalia workers’ compensation attorney at Craig Injury Law for a free initial consultation. Use our convenient Contact Page or call (912) 304-5202 to get started. Bahasa Indonesia spoken. Hablamos español.
How We Can Help with Workers’ Compensation Claims
We can begin representation involving your employer or your employer’s insurer at any stage of a claim. We urge you to keep in mind that “the right time” to involve an attorney is whenever an employer or an insurer takes (or fails to take) an action in violation of your legal rights, such as:
- Failure to provide workers’ compensation coverage
- Failure to allow access to medical treatment
- Failure to disclose rights or other information
- Failure to pay benefits to which you are entitled
- Failure to pay death benefits
In Georgia, workers’ compensation is a two-way street. To remain eligible for benefits, a contractor or employee who suffers a work-related injury must act within legal parameters. These parameters provide for the treatment of injuries and financial benefits when you are injured. We’re here to assist you in understanding and receiving the benefits to which you are entitled under Georgia law and the State Board of Workers’ Compensation.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
The benefits to which you are entitled under workers’ compensation generally include:
- All of your medical costs, including doctor and hospital bills, physical therapy sessions, prescription medicines, and your expenses for traveling to and from medical locations for up to 400 weeks. Catastrophic injuries may be compensated for up to a lifetime.
- Wage benefits if you are out of work for more than seven days. These generally amount to two-thirds of your weekly wage up to a specific dollar amount for up to 400 weeks.
- Permanent partial and permanent total disability benefits to those who have lasting injuries, such as for the loss of a limb, loss of sight or hearing, or loss of the use of any part of the body.
- Vocational rehabilitation if you are unable to return to your original line of work.
- Death benefits for families who have lost a loved one due to injuries that resulted in death.
We Will Fight for Compensation on Your Behalf
If you are denied benefits, you have the right to a hearing before the State Board of Workers’ Compensation where an Administrative Law Judge will hear your case. Your employer will likely have legal representation at the hearing so it is highly recommended that you hire an attorney as well to ensure that your claim is prepared and presented properly.
Craig Injury Law is here to ensure that you secure the compensation you need and deserve in the wake of a workplace accident and injury. No matter how your accident occurred, we can meet with you to help you understand your rights and pursue your options in recovering the financial resources you need in work-related injury claims or appeals.
Call today to set up a free consultation: (912) 304-5202.
We Handle Your Case, So You Can Recover
Protecting the Injured Since 1995
No Fee Unless We Win Your Case
Millions Recovered for Our Clients
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Personalized Approach to Each Case